If a loved one suddenly becomes incapacitated as a result of an extended illness without Florida advanced directives in place, there may be no person with the required legal authority to make decisions. In the absence of Florida documents such as the Florida durable power of attorney or Florida health care surrogate, you may need to file  a petition for incapacity and a petition for guardianship in order to start the process to be able to care for your Florida loved one. Contact our law firm at 866-7-ELDERS (866-735-3377) about the requirements of getting started with Florida guardianship of a person and Florida guardianship of the property.

Call us at 866-7-ELDERS (866-735-3377) for more information of our services